Wednesday, January 23, 2008

i know i know...

I know, I know...If I keep waiting around for you, I'll be old and grey before I know it.. I'll be 6ft. underground before I hear a word from you. I know, i know.. if I keep waiting around for miracles, I'll never see my dreams come true. You say goodbye, and I just hear "see ya later"... you hold me close, all I think about is the smell on your clothes.. you say i'll try and I just hear the trees singing... cause all I ever wanted was to be standing next to you. Don't think I don't know that it's impossible to deal, I know all about re-opening wounds and still expecting them to heal. I've got 10 fingers all crossed over, but i know, I know, I'll be waiting here forever... do you think you might just want to have a moment? We could sit side by side on the curb... I'll hold my breath and count to 10... before I remember the countless tears I've shed.. for you.. Do you think you could see it like I do? do you think you might want to wear my shoes? All I want is to see you smile but I know, I know... I'll be sitting by the dial, listening to tones saying you're not there.. I know I know... if I keep waiting round for you.. I'll have daisies on my head before you come to see me... i know I know... I'll be waiting here forever.

No comments: