Wednesday, June 17, 2009

No. 8



I'm just waiting for a new day, dawn please come quickly. I don't know what you'll bring, but the sun always comes out tomorrow. I want to travel the world, see the places I want to see, peer into the windows of sweet cafes, dip my feet into the clearest of oceans, try spices and herbs I've never heard of and smell flowers I won't ever know the names to. I want to be awakened. I've come to this strange fork in the road and I don't know where to go from here. I sit in the window, staring out through the smudges from anonymous fingertips, out past the trees, to the feathery sky. I've used up all my sick days, so I think I'll call in dead, besides, I'm only racing to the end. I've had these dreams, they float like photographs in the corner of my mind, and now they die off one by one and I keep trying to hold on. My fingers lose their tight grip, the world tips away. Wandering lyrics slip through the strings sewn in my mind and a melody has sounds that are stripped away by puffs of air that echo in the hollows of my ear. Maybe tomorrow will be better than today.. change is near, and so.. life moves on.

1 comment:

Natália Mendes said...

Gosh!! i love it!