Sunday, June 30, 2013

curtain call

I'm feeling alone. hold me. 
Tell me I'm beautiful again. 
Or don't tell me I'm beautiful, 
just tell me you'll never let me go. 
Hold onto me even if and even when.
when my mouth spits fire, hold down my 
arms and tell me you understand.  
Steady my shaking bones.
kiss me on my forehead, take me away.
keep me safe.  You think I'm so strong,
but really all I want is to feel wanted.
I am sick and weak, I pretend not to be.
It's all just a story I try to live up to. 
I need to hear that I'm unforgettable. 
I know you wanted it too. 
How could I be it, when I was not myself. 
I've never believed I was lovable.. so when your lips
said the words, I couldn't understand them 
I'm feeling vulnerable, I'm feeling like skin and bones.
I tried to show my cards.. 
thought if I finally did,
your arms would be waiting open and you would say 
"finally… I'm glad you're here.  I bet all all my chips on you.."
I wanted you to believe in me… that's a lot to ask
I guess I was too late…
 or maybe the time never even came.


No comments: