Tuesday, July 2, 2013

I am good, I am grounded.. I can't get my head around it


The National: I Need My Girl from respectator on Vimeo.

The past few days I’ve really been trying to remind myself of all the things I have to be grateful for in my life, all those beautiful things I don’t deserve but get to enjoy anyway.

 It’s so easy to get caught up in thinking of what I don’t have. Things missing, taken and lost. I so often forget the lessons I have learned from life. The beauty I was finally able to see when my health went out the door and my eyes were open.  Fortunately, I never have to look far before I’m humbled by all the precious gifts and love around me.

 I'm still learning everyday how to be with myself in solitude. How to listen to the sounds. For now, I don’t know what my future looks like but the idea of fighting to keep my dreams alive is necessary.

No comments: