Monday, January 12, 2009

swirly tuney tunes go blue.

Been messing around here and there.... the words in my head and strums from my fingers are the only things that seem to calm me these days. Anyhow.. here is one of the newest:

The way you drop is like a rock..
i should have guessed
when I took that gun
I'd end up with a chill and eyes that stung.
cause I've got a mind with an ache
and my heart breaks for the way
the worlds just wore you down.
the secrets you know well
but don't know how to tell
have messed with your honor
baby, you're a carnival of scenes.
and I'm just livin' in a dream.

oh, and it's not alright..
that I can't sleep tonight...
knowing you are a million shades of blue
after your show, (it wont be hard)
to walk away from you.

the stories that you tell
but can't remember well
have messed with your honor
baby, you're just a carnival of scenes.
a carnival of scenes...

oh, and it's not okay
that you are dancing today
sharing spoons with someone new

yeah it's not alright..
I can't sleep tonight...
with a head full of colors, mostly blue

yeah..it's not alright..
I can't sleep tonight..

No comments: