Monday, October 19, 2015

Angel of slow death

"I need you to understand something. I wrote this for you. I write this for you and only you. Everyone else who reads it doesn't get it. This is is the sign you've been looking for. You were mean't to read these words."


I can't get anything right.

I am dying. 
I swear
it feels like I am dying
But my heart is not quiet
It beats with reckless abandon, 
For you. 

I am dying. 
Will you come to my bedside and hold my hand?
Reclaim what's yours. 
I have nothing left that doesn't belong to you.  
Every piece, every single atom
of me, was meant for you. 

I am only complete in my incompleteness
I've read every book in this house
listened to every record
I've cleaned every surface
still
every day I entertain your ghost

I am dying.
Slowly...
everytime you smile,
I smile and then I die
Everytime i hear you, 
you hear me and then I die.

slowly dying one thousand deaths
and yet, 
I still believe it to be a beautiful place.

x

No comments: